Monday, April 05, 2004

Andy, you're right...Oswalt shouldn't have been pulled after he gave up the single to Tucker.

HE SHOULD'VE BEEN PULLED AFTER HE GAVE UP THE SINGLE TO DURHAM.

We've got a 3 run lead and one of the best 1-2 combos at the end of the game. You know Bonds is coming up and you need to prevent him from being able to win it. You bring in Lidge and hope you prevent any more hits before Bonds gets up. That way, if he goes yard, it's still a 4-3 game.

As many of you know, I despise Jimy. I didn't much care for his quick hook at times last year. And while I applaud him for showing some faith in his young starter, he's gotta know when's the right time to pull him. Oswalt had been giving up a few more hits in the later innings...not making great pitches w/ 0-2 counts specifically to a few hitters. Take him out, say thanks for a great game so far, and let your bullpen guys take care of business.

In my eye, Jimy will never please me.

No comments: