Friday, June 03, 2005

This morning, I'll be watching the Roger Federer vs. Rafael Nadal match in the French Open semifinals. Should be a good one.

It's Carpenter vs. Pettitte tonight. Quintero's debut will have to wait, since Garner has said he's going to have Quintero catch Rodriguez and Oswalt. I'm really looking forward to seeing Quintero's bat and arm. It might be nice to get an occasional extra-base hit from our catcher. Hopefully Jason Lane gets some playing time, with either Self or Burke in LF.

There have been some Clemens-to-the-Rangers rumors lately. Texas certainly has more prospects to offer than the Yankees if we do decide to trade Clemens. I don't know what else to say about this, except it's just a rumor, so it's not that big a deal yet.

I agree with the comments from my previous post - it seems strange to play your top prospects at positions they're unfamiliar with (Burke in LF, Self in RF). I don't really understand it myself. Packaging Biggio with Clemens to NY makes sense on paper, but I just don't see Biggio getting traded. It would be a good move for us, freeing up space for Burke, Lane, and Self, but I just don't see it happening.

Although I haven't seen Wandy Rodriguez pitch yet, I'm impressed by his 1 / 11 walk-to-strikeout ratio through 2 starts. He's been hittable, but if he keeps that ratio solid, he should be all right. Of course, I said the same thing about Ezequiel Astacio, but it's hard to put up good numbers when you give up 10 HR in 19 IP.

No comments: