Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Roy O is back tonight, as we take on slumping Greg Maddux and the Cubs. The offense continued its recent tear last night - Chris Burke went 4-for-4 with a walk and scored all 5 times, Jason Lane had a hit and drew two walks, and Lance Berkman and Preston Wilson each had 5 RBI's. Sweet. Andy Pettitte looked smooth, giving up 1 run in 7 innings. All in all, a great win. I like this team again!

My first river trip of the summer was supposed to leave tomorrow, but I was unceremoniously bumped from it. It's a long story. I'm still going on one later this month, then an ultimate frisbee tournament in Chicago, and then a family trip to the Galapagos Islands, so I can't really complain. I plan on playing a fair amount of poker the next 10 days. Today was a brutal poker day, though - I had KK five times, and lost all five. I had AA, flopped an A, and lost to a runner-runner flush. None of my draws were coming in, I wasn't flopping sets...that's how it goes. Variance, variance, variance. I should understand small sample sizes better than most people, but it's still frustrating.

No comments: