Monday, June 12, 2006

Things are looking better for the Astros - we took 3 of 4 from the Braves, and got our offense on track, as guys like Mike Lamb, Eric Munson, and Jason Lane had some big hits. It was great to see Lane have a big night - he's been the victim of some bad luck this year, and I still believe he can be a solid outfielder in this league. The Munson signing has also worked out nicely; it's fun having a catcher with some power, huh?

Roger Clemens made his 2nd rehab start last night, and struck out 12 in 6 innings. Guess he's ready. Andy and I were trying to figure out when Backe would be back, and when he finally is, a rotation of Roy O / Pettitte / Clemens / Backe / Wandy certainly looks good on paper.

I haven't been able to find it, but I seem to recall reading a Phil Garner quote that he wants to get Chris Burke in the lineup nearly every day. This appears to mean a lot less playing time for Willy T and Jason Lane. I like Burke too, but I think he works fine as a super-utility guy also. We'll see how this plays out.

The World Cup has been great so far, as long as you're not a huge American soccer fan. How about Australia's comeback today???

No comments: