Saturday, October 15, 2005

Oh baby. Two wins away.

It was our uncle's birthday today, so we (my brother, Dad and I) flew out to the Bay Area to run in a Family Triathlon. My brother swam, and Andy took off on the bike portion just as the Astros game started. Of course just as it was getting interesting (2 on, 2 out, Berkman up in a 0-0 game in the 4th) Andy finished so I had to go run, but I came back to see we were up 2-1 thanks to Mike Lamb, and we got a few insurance runs and Lidge just did hold on. WE'RE DOING IT!!!

Next: Game 4 - Brandon Backe vs. Jeff Suppan.

Ok. The truth: Brandon Backe is not that good, and he has not had a good year. He struggles against lefties, and against the Cardinals. But goddamit, this is a huge game, and we are going to get tough and we'll find a way.

Maybe more details to come, but it's my uncle's birthday dinner so that's all for now.

GO ASTROS!

No comments: