Friday, January 27, 2006

I don't want to talk about the Bagwell saga today - it's too depressing. In some good news, the Astros signed former top catching prospect J.R. House. He's coming off shoulder surgery, but he tore up the minors in the Pirates organization a few years back, and I'll take any catching prospect I can get. I think he and Quintero should be good to go in '08 when Brad Ausmus is done.

I've been playing a lot of Ultimate Frisbee lately. It took me a while to get into it, but Flagstaff is a great town for it (plenty of space, lots of good athletes, kind of quirky) and I live right by the coaches of the NAU men's and women's teams. We've got our first big tournament this weekend in Phoenix. I also have a full house for the first time in a while - 2 girls moved in during the last few weeks. They seem really cool - Nancy is 31, and has been a kindergarten teacher for the last 4 years; Becky is 23, and works full time at The Dollar Tree while going to school. So far, so good.

No comments: