Monday, March 01, 2004

I just read a short article on yahoo.com that said blogging has yet to really take off. And, honestly, it might be for the best. Case in point: I spent the past hour or so trying to find every baseball blog that I could. And some of them were pretty good. But not that many. A lot were pretty similar, mostly focused around a single team, and a lot included statistical analysis, which is kind of boring to read about.

....Gulp.

So, long story short, there is a LOT of stuff being written about baseball out there, so I really need to stay on top of current events, but (at the same time) write about what appeals to me, because I simply can't compete with ESPN, BPro, or BPrimer.

The one thing that I also noticed is that most of these other baseball blogs mainly talked about baseball. I mean, I love baseball, and I love talking about it, and analzying it, but I need a break from it every now and then (and the season hasn't started yet!) So I'm definitely going to keep writing about life in general, and hopefully JT, Andy, and Barstool will too.

I'm off.

No comments: