Friday, March 26, 2004

I'm in Cote d'Azur (home of Derek's greatest Gran Turismo triumph, and don't worry Derek - it's still saved!) in Southern France, home of blue oceans (but no sand) and plenty o' tourists. I booked a trip to Paris on Sunday, where I'll be for 2/3 days and then London and then hooooome.

Vandy got beat down by UConn, 73-53. They got up early, we made a run, and they said NO. Matt Freije, hero of the NC State game, never got going, finishing 3-of-18. UConn's been dominant so far in the tournament; they might go all the way. It was a great run, 'Dores.

Gerry Hunsicker once again proves it's not all about the big signings. The Astros traded for Mike Lamb yesterday, getting a decent backup 3B, 1B, OF, and another LH bat off the bench. It might not seem like much, but I like this move ok- I was having nightmares about Ensberg getting hurt and being replaced by my nemesis, Jose Vizcaino. That's about the best thing you can say about Lamb, though...he's better than Vizcaino. Lamb's got a career line of 282/336/385, and he is a damn bad fielder. Whole lotta errors, and not much range. So don't jump for joy - but it still takes a bit of a load off my mind.

Well, that's it, really. I'm almost home, where I'll jump back into everything right away, after catching up on some sleep. See you all soon.

No comments: