Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I'm loving the WBC! The games are intense, with managers and players from both sides giving it their all. Oh, wait... make that, every team but the USA. Sure, we're winning some ballgames, but I just don't see the same enthusiasm and energy from our guys as I see in Venezuela and Puerto Rico and even Korea and Japan. Did anyone see Chipper Jones hit into a double play after the shortstop fell down? Ugh. Now we gotta beat Mexico and hope Korea beats Japan.

I just saw Moises Alou sprint to first faster than I've ever seen him run. The DR just went up 1-0 on a botched roller by Miggy Cabrera for Venezuela. Can't believe one of those teams won't make the semifinal. But that makes this game all the more interesting to watch. Freddy Garcia vs. the Dominican lineup! Oh boy...

By the way, I saw Vince Sinisi playing CF and batting fifth for Team Italy. Big Vince led The Woodlands HS to a state title in 2000 and went to Rice, and he's a cousin of my buddy Garrett. Vince is in AA in the Rangers' system... maybe we'll see him in the majors someday.

I was watching an old Twilight Zone episode the other day... the one where a bunch of people are stuck in a diner and one of them is supposedly an alien. Cops are interrogating the suspects, and the first question they ask is, "Who won the World Series race last year?" Ah, baseball...

No comments: