Friday, March 10, 2006

A quick Astros quote:

Josh Anderson, the Astros' fourth-round choice in the 2003 draft, has earned All-Star honors in each of his three seasons in professional baseball. He led Class AA Corpus Christi in hits (148) and steals (50) last year and was a Texas League All-Star.
"I set goals for myself every year, and last year, I look at it as being a great year," said Anderson, who throws righthanded. "I reached a lot of goals and I learned a lot playing a full season in Double-A, which was good for me. I definitely have no regrets the way things went.
"My goal for this year is as a top-of-the-order leadoff hitter to see a lot of pitches. I want to try to draw more walks, be selective."


Good stuff. Send that memo to Willy Taveras, while you're at it. The Astros are up 5-2 in today's game, thanks to a Charlton Jimerson grand slam. Steve Sparks has worked out of some trouble so far - he's walking guys and giving up hits left and right. Gotta run.

No comments: