Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's been a fun-filled Spring Break so far - JT and I caught an A's/Royals spring training game (Joe Blanton got hammered by the mighty Royals offense), drove up to Vegas for a few days, and then back to Flagstaff through some snow. Now it's time to get back to work.

As far I can tell there haven't been any Astros news lately. Jeff Bagwell is still trying to play through pain, it looks like Wandy has wrapped up the #4 spot (can't say I'm thrilled about that, but I couldn't see anything else happening), and Eric Munson has been hitting well. Unfortunately, he's also Mike Lamb's identical twin - they're both left-handed backup corner infielders with some pop. Carrying them both on the roster would be inefficient (though not terrible). I did read that Garner was trying to considering Munson as a backup catcher, which would be pretty sweet. A .400 SLG% from a catcher? Whoa.

I enjoyed the WBC also - the excitement level among the fans (especially from other countries) was amazing. The timing of it is still weird, but I think it's a great idea.

No comments: