Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I'm going to take a one-day break from the world of sports and talk about...well, things other than sports.

I read a really great article from The New Yorker the other day about sport-utility vehicles (SUVs). Quick summary: SUVs are unsafe, inefficient, and incredibly popular. Why? Because people believe that they are safer than an average car, despite every test and statistic indicating otherwise. It kinda reminds me from a quote from Sneakers (my favorite movie), in which Ben Kingsley (bad guy) tells Robert Redford (good guy): "The most important thing...isn't reality. It's the perception of reality." SUVs are not safe - but they are perceived to be safe, and thus are selling like hot cakes. Anyway, food for thought.

Oh yeah! Andy's first newspaper article was about Cameran Eubanks, a cast member of the new Real World who is from Anderson, South Carolina, where Andy's interning for a couple/three months. And...she's hot. Really hot. And she's got a cute southern accent. And she likes sailing. So...whatcha waiting for, Andy? Get to it, buddy.

I'm finally starting to get ripping on some grad school apps, but I think I'm going to study statistics and break into the impossible-to-break-into world of professional sports. Sorry, future students.

So we've got two cats at our house, a few next door, and a few neighborhood cats that just kind of wander by our house all the time. Yesterday I went to pick up the mail and there were five cats just hanging out, really lazy, watching me walk to the mailbox. Then they just kinda stopped watching me and went back to hanging out, because they were bored with me. Therefore, cats are cooler than me (and you, too.)

So as you can see, I'm running low on material. If you're reading this, you probably know me, so if you've got something to say, e-mail it to me and I'll run it. Where else can you get that kind of free publicity, I ask you?

Keep it chill, yo.

No comments: