Monday, February 23, 2004

I'm in Brussels, the capital of Belgium, and so far it has been a night-and-day kind of city.

Night: I get in from a delayed six-hour journey from London, am immediately disoriented, wander around aimlessly for two hours, an ATM eats my debit card for a minute before finally spitting it back out, then I finally ask someone for help, and find the hostel in the next ten minutes, at which point I grab a quick beer and go straight to bed after waking up my other five roommates.

Day: I walk through the entire city, stopping only to maul a Belgian waffle dipped in chocolate. I took about ten pictures, it was awesome weather, I found this great internet cafe...everything's perfect. What a difference a day makes.

Tomorrow I'll be heading to Amsterdam sometime - I've got a hostel lined up. I'll probably check out the city the first day and then rent a bike and cruise around the countryside - supposedly there is a lot to see outside of the main city. Can't wait! But until then, I gotta relax for a while.

On a side note, Astros fans, check this out. How awesome is that?? OSWALT STARTS OPENING DAY. I adore our rotation: Oswalt, Pettitte, Clemens, Miller, Redding. That is *spectacular*. Bring it, Cubbies.

See ya.

No comments: