Friday, February 25, 2005

TGIF. Don't have too many plans for the weekend; it's supposed to get all the way up to 41 degrees on Sunday, so I might go hiking or something.

Mike Lamb brought 5 gloves with him to spring training: 3B, 2B, 1B, C, and OF. I find this amusing. Talk about a Renaissance man. Can you imagine if Lamb could be a not-horrible defensive catcher? Awwwwww yeah.

Craig Biggio has said he'd like to move back to 2nd, but I honestly think that he would be pretty bad defensively there. I don't care if he played 2nd for 10 years, he's 39, and he didn't have good defensive numbers 3 years ago. So Burke damn well better win that job. Hey, maybe Biggio wants to move back to catcher?

JT says the Tigers don't really need a 3B or a 2B, since they've got Brandon Inge and Omar Infante. I think he's right, and I also think Dave Dombrowski is a moron, so we might just be able to give them Tim Redding and some barbeque and call it even.

We're getting a co-ed softball league together in the next few weeks, and I mentioned it to my class and the hottest girl in the class wants to play. Maybe I can set her up with one of my friends - it's the right thing to do.

One more class to go, then I'm done for the week. By the way, thanks for the MLB.TV info, Chen, I think I'm going to do the All Access Option pretty soon.

1 comment:

Dudley Bokoski said...

Cameron can still get to balls in the outfield that others can't, but the Astros can't afford another 6-8 hitter, especially a right handed one. The center fielder, whoever it is, should be able to bat leadoff, followed by Burke. This would push Biggio down to where his power would be of more use and he could help sustain innings.

At $700,000 Tim Redding is worth another roll of the dice. You're balancing a low cost ticket with a potential high return against a high cost ticket (Cameron) with an established batting record that isn't that exciting.

The best option is to either open with Taveras in center or make a big move and go after Soriano (who could be converted to an outfielder). That would bring a big bat to the #3 spot and some speed.