Sunday, January 30, 2005

Not much baseball news to report, so I'll try a state-of-the-union address.

Snow hit Flagstaff a few days ago, and we've got a steady 2-5 inches a day since. I like walking in it, but NOT driving in it. The old Eagle Vision (which REALLY needs new shocks) is a little scary to drive through snow...but I'm managing so far.

I watched the replay of the Safin-Federer math last night, and the replay of the Safin-Hewitt match this morning. Safin is the only guy in the world that can challenge and beat Federer even when Fed is playing well, so it's great to see him win one. He seemed really focused the whole tourney; he could have given up several times against Fed, and he lost the first set 6-1 to Hewitt and had the whole country rooting against him, but he absolutely brought the thunder in sets 2,3, and 4, and he's back. It's a great top 4 right now, with Federer at 1, Safin at 1a, and Hewitt and Roddick both just a step behind. Should be a great year for men's tennis.

Funny story: If you're reading this, you probably know I've been without a phone for the past 10 days or 2 weeks or whatever. But I plan to go get one Friday afternoon; right as I'm leaving, I decide to use a buddy's phone to check my messages. And there's on from a girl asking if the room at my house is still available!! So I call back, tell her to meet me there in a half hour, and practically run home...only to wait for another hour, as she's late. When she finally arrives, 4 girls get out of the car, so I'm a little confused, and they are equally confused when I explain there is only one room avaiable, NOT the whole house. Argh. Dumb girls. So no phone and no roommate. But I got one (a phone, that is) Saturday morning, so all better. Give me a call at 928 241 1127, since I don't remember any of your numbers.

I need a good book these days. I'm classic-ed out, I need a break from Dostoyevsky or Joyce or whatever else ya got, how about an easy, non-baseball, non-poker, non-statistics read? I'd owe you one.

No comments: